Allow me to be very open with you (in this post), folks. The past years were tough in the area of dating and relationships with the opposite sex. Being beautiful, faithful and successful (ehem) has a very high toll you know. People are expecting me to be dating good men, but sadly, I didn’t. I failed in that area.
Never heard about this, eh? ‘Coz I don’t post it on social media. 😂 Since I am secretive and proud, I’m not the kind who would share what I’m going through with anyone (until I stumbled). I won’t go into details about these past experiences and hurts of mine, but I’ll share with you what I learned (the hard way) in this area.
1. Never ever let your guard down. I learned this in Muay Thai, but I failed to apply it in practice. I keep on saying my heart was guarded, not knowing that my heart have already been opened wide and ready to be torn apart. I thought I was still guarded even after the first date, but nah, I let my guard down the moment I first replied with a “Hi” and stayed up late for midnight chats. 😂 Save yourself from heartaches and eyebags. Be with someone who would take time to talk with you eye-to-eye rather than someone who will cause additional weight to your eyebags. You are meant to be protected!
2. Never ever run a race not worth running. If it is not worth it, stop. I can run for hours in the treadmill ‘coz its for my fitness. But, running after someone? No way! Do you think God will be pleased seeing you run after a frog when there are princes available around? You are meant to be pursued!
3. Never ever pursue what is not meant for you. How did I know that it was not meant for me? I asked God, though I should have asked God first before I put on that running shoes and had that first step (but still it was better late than never). You are meant to obey God!
4. Never ever hold on to what is meant to be let go of. How will I know that it is already time to let go? Ask what will make God smile, running away or staying? I chose the former, and I can feel God’s pleasure when I did that. You are meant to be free from worry and pain!
5. Never ever attach yourself to temporary things, choose what will stay. I loved the “goodmornings” and “goodnights” messages, but I’d rather say “goodbye” than settle for what I know is not meant to last. You are meant to be loved forever!
6. Never ever settle for an “almost” and a “maybe”, choose what is “always” and “sure”. Do I even have to explain this? 😂 But seriously, don’t settle for what will make you wonder (and worry) about your future. Be with someone who you can see and build your future around with. You are meant to be secured!
7. Never ever settle for the pressure around you. If you are 27 and surrounded by older people, you will receive daily unwelcome advices. Just know when (and who) to listen! You are meant for God’s best at God’s perfect time, so don’t be pressured by others’ opinion and your biological clock!
Again, I’ve learned these things the hard way, and (after a haircut) I am now moving on and okay again for dating, hoping that this time I’ll do it right. I hope this post helps you. 😊
P.S. Remember what they say about having so many fish in the ocean? You are not the one supposed to chase and catch the fish. You are one of those fish. You are meant to be braved the waters with and to be patiently catched! You are a good catch, darling. (Just be careful with the baits. 😉)